Welcome to the website of Boxing News (the “Site”) owned and made available by Newsquest Media Group Limited of Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe HP10 9TY (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “we” and “us”). The Terms and Conditions form part of an agreement between you, the end-user, and ourselves and sets out the conditions under which you may access the information, products, services and advertisements (the “Material”) available through the Site. By accessing, viewing or using the Material on the Site you have indicated to us that you both understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Newsquest reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time. Any such amendment will be applicable to all persons accessing the website once the revised Terms have been posted on the website. You should therefore check the website from time to time to review the current Terms.
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the community forums, reader comments or blogs, but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns as the community and comment tool permits or contact us here.
- NO WARRANTY
The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and in particular we do not warrant that:
- the Site will continue to be available to you in either its current format or from its current domain name
- the Site or any software available from the Site will be free from viruses or defects
- the Material contained on the Site will be true, accurate or complete in all respects, except always to the extent otherwise set out in the Terms and Conditions and to any warranties which would be implied by law (including without limitation, warranties as to satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose).
Except for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without prejudice to the foregoing generality, any lost business opportunities, loss of profit or goodwill) arising from or in any way connected with the Site, or your inability to use the Site.
- DOWNLOADABLE MATERIAL
All our downloadable material is carefully checked for viruses before being uploaded onto the site, however we recommend that, as an extra precaution you run your own virus check on each document you download before saving it to your disk or hard drive.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE
- not to use the Material for any unlawful purpose
- that you shall not make any use of the Site so that the Site is interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient, or the functionality of the Site is in any way impaired; in particular that you shall not run any automated scripts on any part of the site without our express authorisation.
- not to use the Site for the transmission or posting of any computer viruses or any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene or menacing character, or in such a way as to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- not to use the Site in a manner which constitutes a violation or infringement of any person, firm or company (including but not limited to rights of copyright or confidentiality)
- that you shall not use the Site to transmit any material for the purposes of publicity, promotion and/or advertising without our prior written consent
- that in the event that you may have any right, claim or action against any other user arising out of the use of the Site you shall pursue such right, claim or action independently of, and without recourse to, us.
- that you will indemnify and defend us against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any use of the Material or the Site.
The design, images and content of the Site are, unless otherwise stated, our property or our licensors ‘property.
We provide Material on the Site solely for your personal use and the reproduction of the whole or any part of the Site, except for any temporary copies made necessarily in downloading the Site, for purposes other than private and personal use, is prohibited, as is distributing, displaying or copying the Site, unless it is for the personal use of a third party.
No part of the Site can be reproduced on, transmitted to or stored on any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system, nor may any part of the site be accessed in such manner as to make it appear part of any third parties website without our prior written consent.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Any websites to which you link through the Site (including, without limitation, any website provided by a third party but co-branded website) are independent of the Site and we have no control over them and accept no liability in respect of your use or inability to use them or any of the content of such websites.
We accept no liability with respect to any of the products, information, material or services offered or provided by other organisations listed on, or linked to, this Site, nor do we endorse any of those organisations or any of their products or services. Should you decide to contract with any of these organisations, the contract will be directly between you and the relevant organisation. We will have no contractual involvement and will not be liable in contract or otherwise for any products, information, materials or services provided to you by any of these organisations.
Please note that, although these organisations have attempted to ensure that any information or prices provided through the Site are as accurate as possible, they are not legally binding in any way.
When seeking access to parts of the website, such as community forums, reader comments or blogs, you may be asked to register if you want to submit a contribution. You must then supply certain details if requested, such as your email address and a password. If you are under 16 you must get the consent of a parent or guardian before registering.
You can only access the registration areas of the site if:
- your email address and password (if requested) are personal and may not be used by anyone else to access the site
- you do not do anything to allow anyone who is not a registered user to access any registration area of the site
- you do not create additional registration accounts which may cause disruption or abuse of the site
- you do not supply us with false or misleading information or pass yourself off as another user.
- CANCELLATION OR SUSPENSION
We can suspend or cancel this agreement and your ability to use the website and its community forums, reader comments and blogs with immediate effect at any time for any reason, including but not restricted to your serious or repeated breach of these Terms or any conduct in connection with your use of this site that we consider inappropriate or disruptive and which is serious or persistent. We will notify you of such termination at your registered email address and invalidate your access to the site.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
You are legally responsible for material you post or submit, and you understand that by doing so you intend it to be published on the website. Such material may include without limitation words, artwork, pictures (still or moving) and sound. You give us free of charge the non-exclusive, sub-licensable right to edit, delete, copy, translate, create derivative works from, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, make available to the public or otherwise use and re-use material contributed by you (or not use it) on the website and its community forums, reader comments and blogs and associated publications, and in any other media (now known or later developed) worldwide for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution (including any renewals or extensions) and you waive any moral rights in your contribution for these purposes.
- BY PUBLISHING OR POSTING MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE, YOU WARRANT TO US THAT:
You do not infringe the rights of any individual, corporation or organisation, including but not restricted to the owners of any copyright and other intellectual property, confidentiality or privacy right, and you have obtained any necessary permissions. The material is your own original work, or you have the right to make it available to use for the purposes in 11 above. You have not defamed any individual, corporation organisation or otherwise affected their legal rights. This may include but is not restricted to: comment which cannot be justified; facts which are untrue or unprovable; statements breaching an individual’s privacy; statements which may prejudice a court case; images or statements which are obscene, pornographic or illegal; statements which are offensive on grounds of race, religion, creed, colour or which may incite hatred or disrespect in any third party; statements which breach the criminal law, whether or not known to be illegal; statements which may breach professional ethics or standards.
- You acknowledge that all rights, including copyright and database rights, for any content on the website (including Newsquest trade names and logos) or which is submitted by you belong to us or are licensed by you to us for the purposes in 11 above. You may read and contribute to the website and its communities, comments and blogs for your own private purposes but not for any advertising or other commercial purpose (which includes junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation). For private purposes, you may download and use reader-generated content on a single PC, and you may print out (but not photocopy) one hard screen copy of contributions to the website and its communities, comments or blogs for your personal use only. But you will not otherwise copy, store, distribute, publish, broadcast, transmit, show in public, create a database (in electronic or any other medium) from downloaded materials or otherwise use any part of this website without our written permission, except that you may reproduce reasonable extracts of any contribution to the website and its community, comments and blogs without our prior permission for non-commercial purposes provided that you deal fairly with the material and you properly accredit any original work to its author and the name of this site.
You indemnify and will keep indemnified Newsquest Media Group Ltd (“Newsquest”), its holding companies and subsidiaries of Newsquest or any of its holding companies, together with their respective directors, employees and shareholders, from and against all claims, actions, proceedings, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including legal costs) arising from any breach of these Terms by you or from the publication of any posting or submission whatsoever contributed by you or on your behalf. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defence of any claim, action or proceeding for which you shall be financially responsible, and for which we are entitled to indemnity from you. In such event, you shall provide us with all co-operation as may reasonably be requested by us.
- LOSS OR DAMAGE – DISCLAIMER
You acknowledge that: o the contributions to the website and its community forums, reader comments and blogs are the statements and views of the contributors and not of us or any of our connected companies, directors, employees or shareholders o it is your sole responsibility to check the accuracy of any facts and opinions given on this website before entering into any commitment based upon them o we do not, as a matter of course, actively moderate, monitor or edit the contributions to the website and its community o any third parties advertising on our websites, or external (or link) sites accessible via our websites, are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents or for any agreement you may enter into with a third party arising from your visit to our websites.
- We are not liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, from contributions to the website and its community by other parties, your use of this site or inability to use this site, or any errors and omissions on this site, whether in contract, tort or otherwise and whether such loss or damage is foreseen or foreseeable. This includes but is not restricted to indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages, loss of business, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of opportunity, loss of reputation, loss of data and loss suffered by third parties. This does not exclude our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- We make no representations and give no warranties regarding the quality, suitability, reliability, compatibility, accuracy, non-infringement or completeness of the contents of this website, and any implied warranties are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- We do not warrant that this website, the server that supplies it or any other of our systems will be uninterrupted or free of errors, viruses or bugs and we shall not be liable if this site is inaccessible at any time. Access may be suspended temporarily without notice for technical reasons or for reasons over which we have no control.
- DATA PROTECTION
We will use your personal details to administer this site. From time to time, we may send direct marketing or promotional material information if you have opted in for us to do so. You can opt out of receiving this at any time here.
- If we find your use of this site seriously inappropriate, offensive or disruptive, we may use information we have about you to stop such conduct, and this may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school, email provider or, in the case of any suspected unlawful activity, the police.
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be submitted to and resolved by the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court then, to the extent to which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining terms shall remain in full force and effect. Newsquest Media Group Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 01676637, with registered address at Newsquest Media Group, Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP10 9TY.
- PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND CHOICE
Disclosure of personal, private and confidential material is at your own risk. Any information you choose to disseminate on the website, community forums, reader comment pages or blogs becomes public information and, subject to our Terms, remains online. We cannot control site users and advise you to exercise care in disclosing personal information on the internet. However, we shall take care of any personal information you supply to us as described in this policy in accordance with data protection legislation. Persons under 16 should not disclose to us any personal information without first getting the permission of a parent or guardian
- OUR POLICY
- CHANGES OF POLICY
This policy may be revised or updated at any time and we encourage you to familiarise yourself with it and read it frequently to keep yourself updated.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information can be collected by us from you when you register to use the website, request services from us or third parties connected with us, email us, use our website, participate in promotions, enter competitions or otherwise provide your personal details.
- OTHER INFORMATION
In addition to personal information we obtain, including your name, postal and email addresses and telephone numbers, we may also collect information that is in no way personally identifiable. This may include the operating system you are working on, the internet browser you are using, the domain name of your internet service provider and the websites you visit directly before and after your visit.
A “cookie” is a piece of software which can stick to a computer’s hard drive and recalls details about how your computer operates. We reserve the right to use this information to track your movements through our website. Personal information about you is not collected during this process. You can disable the cookies if your browser allows this. For further information on how to do this, please refer to www.about-cookies.org. However, you might not be able to use some of our on-line services if you follow this. We have no control over any cookies sent by third party websites.
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information, including contact information such as postal and email addresses and telephone numbers, may be used by us or by one of our connected companies (as defined in section 9 of the Terms) for any of our internal purposes, including for instance administration, site updates or upgrades, editorial purposes, promotions, marketing of goods and services, statistical analysis and market research or for evaluating the use made of our websites.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Your personal information will be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted to do so by law, or in the circumstances described in paragraph 15 of the Terms. We may disclose non-personally identifiable data to commercial advertisers on our websites or any other of our commercial clients to help them understand and meet potential customer preferences and needs. We may disclose your personal information to selected third parties who may then send information to you about goods and services. You can indicate you do not wish to receive such material by contacting us here.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information securely on our systems for as long as may be necessary for the purposes described in this policy. At any time you can tell us if you do not want us to continue to store and use your details and we will erase them and cancel your registration for the website, although we may need to keep for a minimum of 12 months thereafter any messaging transcript data in connection with the use of community forums, reader comments or blogs or any other part of the website.
- DATA PROTECTION
You are entitled to request personal data that we hold about you. You can insist that we correct any information about you.
- THIRD PARTY POLICIES
Third parties and websites linked to our site may collect or use information about you. We are not liable for the information practices of unconnected companies or other persons except as may be required by law.
- 30-day free trial on Boxing News Digital Editions
- Your free 30-day trial entitles you to one full-price digital edition of Boxing News. You may also purchase further back issues for £1.99
- Free trials are only available to new subscribers to the Boxing News digital edition using Apple devices. You must have a valid Apple ID to redeem a free trial offer.
- Upon registering for your free trial, your method of payment will be authorised. Some banks or payment card companies may reflect this authorisation against your available balance or credit limit. No actual charges will be made against the card if you cancel your subscription during the trial period.
- Your free trial period will commence on the date registration is completed and the account is successfully created.
- We will begin billing you at the end of your 30 -day free trial, and thereafter annually.
- It is possible to cancel your subscription between the first day your subscription was authorised and the 30th day of your trial.
- To cancel your subscription, launch the App Store, tap ‘Featured’, scroll down and tap your Apple ID, sign in, ‘Manage App Subscriptions’, select ‘Boxing News’ and turn off the subscription.