WE’RE delighted to welcome Steven Broughton to the Boxing News podcast days after he led Joe Joyce to a magnificent victory over Daniel Dubois.
The trainer explains:
– What makes Joyce so effective.
– The successful game plan they worked on tirelessly.
– What Joyce is really like in the gym.
– The premonition Broughton had on the eve of the fight.
– What it was like to step in for Ismael Salas at the last moment.
– How he ‘suddenly’ became one of the brightest young coaches in the sport.
Also discussed: Dubois being labelled a ‘quitter’ and that complexities of such a derogatory term; the ramifications of Mike Tyson and Roy Jones drawing over 1m PPVs; potential outcomes for Errol Spence Jnr-Danny Garcia, Billy Joe Saunders-Martin Murray and Anthony Yarde-Lyndon Arthur.
This Week In History focuses on Manny Pacquiao rising in weight and blazing through big favourite Oscar De La Hoya in December, 2008.
Listen below, or wherever you get your podcasts: