FRANK BUGLIONI has retired. The exciting Enfield fighter is a former British champion who has previously challenged for a world title. His most recent bout, against Fanlong Meng in Monaco on Saturday, ended in defeat after he suffered a cut.
“I thought I’m in a great place mentally and physically. I’ve loved the sport of boxing and if I retire from it now then nothing changes,” he told Boxing News.
Buglioni is only 29 years old. “The cuts were becoming a little bit more frequent and a little bit more severe each time and they weren’t healing as quickly. I thought that’s a sign,” Frank said. “If the cuts are taking a little bit longer on your face it’s a sign of what may be happening internally. I took notice and I decided to draw a line in the sand. That’s enough for me.”