IF it was not for these five things GB would not be one of the most feared boxing teams in the world and on the video below I show you an Olympic boxing drill that’s is part of the reason why we are the best.
But before you watch the video I just want to tell you the five secrets to GB’s boxing success.
- They train and live with champions.
- They have the best coaches in the country.
- They have the best support team that money can buy.
- They have the best training facilities in the UK.
- They are funded.
Now let’s break that down for you.
- They live with other champions, the England and GB Boxing teams are only national champions and runners up, so this is who they all live with, train and spar with. I know it’s common sense but the better people around you the better you become.
- They hire the top qualified coaches in the country and pay them! With the coaches being funded they don’t have to worry about their 9-5 jobs like 99% of other amateur boxing trainers so this means they can give 100% to their fighters. The trainers give the fighters the best workouts and drills and this is why the fighters always get better.
- They have a world class team of physios, doctors, nutritionists, psychologists, strength and conditioning coaches, masseuses. Everything they need is right there.
- The EIS centre in Sheffield is the best boxing gym I have ever been to, and believe me I’ve been to hundreds of boxing gyms. It has everything they need and I mean everything.
- The fighters get funded, so they don’t have to worry about working, just like the coaches they can give 100% to their training, preparation and craft.
Now all of this combined together with a few other details is why we are one of the best. Here are Olympic boxing drills that you should try to get better at boxing: