Accessing the website
- Why do I need to register to access content on the website?
We're committed to providing the best boxing coverage in the world and a top-notch online experience. By registering you will help us to better understand you, our readers and how you consume content on the site.
By registering you will be able to read five free articles of your choice every month. Which articles you choose to read is entirely your choice – you can take your pick from anything on the site (bar the digital editions). You can register here
- Do I have to pay to access more?
Delivering on our promise and maintaining the independence we have proudly held since our launch in 1909 costs money. So yes, to enjoy unlimited access to all our content online including a digital edition of the current issues and an archive of every weekly issue we've published since January 2012, you will need to subscribe.
You can see the subscriber options here
- Free trial
For a limited period, you can try an online subscription to Boxing News free for 7 days – apply for a free trial here
- I have a print subscription; how do I get online subscriber access?
If you have already set up an online account, this should be linked to your subscription. If you have not yet registered online, but supplied an email address when you subscribed, use the same email address to create an online account and this should link automatically to your subscription.
If you did not supply an email address when you subscribed – or can't remember whether you did – please create your online account here
We will need your subscribe number to link your online account to your subscription. This is the 8-digit number that appears above your name on the wrapper your weekly issue is sent in.
Please note it may take up to two working days for us to link your online account to your print subscription. If after this time you encounter any issues accessing online content or you cannot locate your subscriber number, please contact customer services: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)208 955 7004
- What do I get as a subscriber?
What's included depends on the subscription package you have. All existing print subscribers have been automatically upgraded to a print and online package
Print + Online Online Digital edition* Weekly print issue ✓ ✗ ✗ Weekly digital issue via Boxing News website ✓ ✓ ✗ Unlimited access to content on Boxing News website ✓ ✓ ✗ Online archive of digital issues from January 2012 ✓ ✓ ✗ Digital edition via an app ✗ ✗ ✓
- How do I get the Daily Jabs email newsletter?
You can sign up to Daily Jabs when you create an online account. If you already have an account you can change your newsletter preferences here.
- Who do I contact if I have a question about my print subscription or online account?
If you have a question regarding your subscription or online account, please contact us using the details below:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8955 7004 Postal address:
21 Southampton Row
Please be sure to include your name and customer number (if you know it) to allow us to quickly retrieve your details.
If you only have a free online account and are not a paid subscriber, please provide your email address and name which will allow us to retrieve your details.
- What is my customer number?
Your customer number is the unique reference allocated to you and attached to your customer record. It allows Customer Services to find your details, and details of your transactions with us, e.g. payments, changes to your contact details.
- Where can I find my customer number?
Your customer number appears on the address label of your monthly copy of Boxing News. It can also be found on the confirmation you received when you subscribed.
Here is an example:
180000 Ms. A. Eberson
- What is the usual reply time to an email regarding an online information query?
You will receive an immediate automated confirmation of the logging of your query. You will receive a response from our Customer Services Team within 2 working days following receipt of your email.
- What are the business hours of the customer service department?
The business hours of this service are 9am to 5pm UK time, Monday to Friday.
- What do I do if I've forgotten my password or username?
You can reset your password online using the following link.
Your username is the email address that you registered with.
- If I still cannot access the site or I am receiving an error message what should I do?
Please email our Customer Services team with details of the exact error message you are receiving and at what stage you are experiencing these difficulties and we will look into this for you and contact you as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can call them on +44 (0)20 8955 7004.
- How do I unsubscribe from my email newsletters?
Every email newsletter we send you contains a link to your current preferences. You can update these or unsubscribe at any time from the links at the bottom of the email.
When signed into the website you can also sign up or unsubscribe from newsletters and update your preferences regarding other communication under ‘Communication and Personalisation’ in your Account Settings.
If you have questions or issues, please contact customer services. Email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)20 8955 7004.
This section is referring to print + online and online subscriptions only. For questions regarding a digital edition subscription please see the next section.
- How can I change the delivery details for my print subscription?
You can update your contact information from within your account on the website.
To update your print delivery address go to the 'My Subscriptions' page within your account and select 'change address'.
Alternatively, we require all contact detail changes, including individual names and email address changes, to be submitted in writing. You can do this via email or post. See contact details above.
Please state the old address and the new address and most importantly your customer number to allow us to retrieve and change your details.
- I am a print subscriber and I am missing a copy of the magazine. How do I claim this?
Please email our Customer Services department (details above), giving your full details (including your customer number) and the cover date of the issue you are missing and we will investigate.
- How can I order any additional print back issues?
You can purchase single issues of Boxing News via the shop.
- What are the current subscription rates?
Please click here for details of subscription rates.
- How can I pay for my subscription?
You can pay for your subscription online by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro). Alternatively you can send a cheque by post to our Customer Services team at the address above. Please make cheques payable to "Newsquest Specialist Media" and include your order form.
Online access will only be granted upon receipt of payment, so for immediate access, please pay by credit card.
- What will appear on my credit card statement for my subscription?
If payment is taken online your statement will have the reference - “Newsquest Specialist Media Ltd”. For payments made to a subscriptions agency please contact the agency directly.
- When will my subscription start and finish?
Please contact Customer Services on +44 (0)20 8955 7004 or log into your online account.
- How do I confirm my expiry date?
You can find details your subscription online; simply log on and go to the ‘My Subscriptions’ page.
- Will I be reminded before my subscription expires?
You will be contacted when your subscription is due for renewal to ensure there is no lapse in service. If you have opted to pay for your subscription via a recurring payment method such as direct debit or continuous credit card, we will not contact you as your subscription will be renewed automatically.
- How do I cancel my subscription?
We require all cancellations to be submitted in writing. This can be via email or post, please state the customer number, name and address of the subscriber. It would help us improve the quality of the product if you could tell us why you are cancelling.
Please refer to our subscription terms and conditions on whether you will be eligible for a refund when you cancel your subscription.
Digital subscriptions through Pocketmags.com
- Who is Pocketmags?
Pocketmags.com is an online magazine platform that has the largest selection of niche print and digital magazines in the world. Once you have purchased a subscription through Pocketmags.com it can be read on any of the following platforms: Apple, Android, Kindle, Windows devices as well as your PC & Mac.
- What is a Pocketmags account?
A Pocketmags account allows you to access and read your purchases on multiple devices; including PC and Mac, Apple devices (e.g. iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) and Android and manage your subscription through “My Account”.
- How do I purchase a digital subscription via Pocketmags?
- Go to Pocketmags.com and create an account
- Select Boxing News and purchase your digital subscription
- Your magazine will appear in the “My Library” section of the site once logged in. Click on a cover to start reading.
- I've ordered a digital subscription when will it start?
Subscriptions start with the current issue and include all regular issues released whilst you are a subscriber.
- How do I read my magazines on any mobile or tablet device (e.g. iPad, Android, Kindle?
Download the Pocketmags app for your device of choice and login with your Pocketmags login details.
- Can I read offline?
Yes, all mobile and tablet apps allow offline reading. Once an issue has been downloaded you can read it with or without a connection. On PC, if you have Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 you can download the Pocketmags app which includes offline reading. There is currently no Mac offline reading solution.
- What's the difference between Pocketmags and Boxing News app in Apple Newsstand/ Google Play etc.?
Pocketmags allows you to keep all of your magazines in one single app rather than having individual apps for each title.
- How do I cancel a digital subscription?
In just a few easy steps, you can set a subscription to expire in your Pocketmags account.
- Log in to your Pocketmags account.
- Go to Account > My Subscriptions - Select Cancel on the subscription action option.
Digital subscriptions through Apple or Android Platforms
- How do I purchase a digital subscription via Apple or Android?
- Go to the relevant platform and download Boxing News app
- Select the subscription option and purchase through iTunes or Android platform.
- A free 30-day digital trial (5 issues) is available via Apple.
- I want a free trial but I am being asked to pay money. Do I have to pay first?
A free 30-day digital trial is only available via Apple. You have to set up a subscription and you get the first 5 issues free. Simply download the app, select 30-day free trial and start your subscription. You can cancel your subscription before the trial ends. If you do not cancel you will be charged for the subscription term you selected.
- How do I cancel/ stop the renewal of a digital magazine subscription?
How to cancel will depend on where you purchased your subscription:
- Apple App Store: For instructions on how to stop an auto-recurring subscription bought through a title's branded app or the Pocketmags app for iPad and iPhone click here.
- Google Play Store: For instructions on how to stop an auto-recurring subscription bought through a title's branded app or the Pocketmags app on Google Play click here.
- Amazon App Store: instructions on how to stop an auto-recurring subscription bought through a title's branded app or the Pocketmags app click here.
- I am a print subscriber, do I get digital for free?
Access to the digital edition is now included with your print subscription. Click here to view the digital issue. This is only accessible via the website, if you want to view this via the app, then you still need to purchase a separate digital subscription.
- Check/Update an Account's Payment Method and contact details
You can check or update the payment method that you are using through your iTunes or Android accounts.
- How can I order any additional digital back issues?
Select the back issues you require in iTunes or Android platform and purchase the back issues.
- What are the current digital subscription rates?
Please click here for details of subscription rates.
- How can I pay for my digital subscription?
You can pay for your subscription online by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, PayPal).
- Will I be reminded before my digital subscription expires?
You will not be contacted when your digital subscription is due for renewal, it will be on auto-renewal, but you can manage your subscription and amend the auto-renewal.