5. Protein balls
IT is common during the making weight phase that boxers crave many sweet-tasting foods. Therefore homemade protein balls provide an excellent healthy snacking option, substituting for such foods as sweets or chocolate bars. Protein balls are a high-protein snack that are also extremely useful for those boxers who are continuously on the go in that they can be conveniently stored in a boxer’s training bag and easily consumed between or after sessions.
- 60g chocolate protein powder
- 60g flax seeds/ground nuts
- 30g chopped nuts
- 200g smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 35g of 75% or above dark chocolate, melted
- Desiccated coconut for rolling (optional)
- Mix together protein powder, flax seeds/ground nuts, chopped nuts and peanut butter.
- Then add in melted chocolate and honey and mix well together.
- Carefully structure the mixture into ball shapes.
- Roll balls in the desiccated coconut (optional).
- Place onto a tray inlaid with greaseproof paper and chill in a fridge for at least 30-60 minutes (ideally overnight) before serving.