CANELO ALVAREZ (49-1-2, 34 KOs) has stepped up training camp in his second home of San Diego, Calif. as he prepares to face WBC, WBA, and IBO Middleweight World Champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (38-0-1, 34 KOs) in the most anticipated bout of 2018. The event will take place Saturday, Sept. 15 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View beginning at a special time of 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT.
After a controversial split draw that left the boxing fans wanting even more – Canelo shared his revamped routine as he prepares for the historic rematch, which will take place on Mexican Independence Day Weekend.
Details for Canelo’s training are as follows:
- Running every morning (except Sunday) at around 6:00 a.m.
- Training in the gym from 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (jumping rope, shadowboxing, hitting the bags, working on strategy, etc.).
- Sparring sessions at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Diet consists of chicken, fish, and select vegetables.
- This week Canelo will complete his fourth week of training and third week of sparring.
- Canelo’s camp still has five weeks’ worth of sparring left and he will complete 66 rounds of sparring this week.