January 3, 2017
January 3, 2017
chris eubank

Action Images

Feedspot followFeedly follow

AUSTRALIA’S Renold Quinlan has promised “an absolute war” when he faces Chris Eubank Jr in London on February 4.

Quinlan sparked out former world champion Daniel Geale inside two rounds in his last outing Down Under and he insists he is coming to Britain to deliver more of the same to big-mouthed Eubank.

IBO world Super Middleweight champion Quinlan, nicknamed the ‘Dunghutti Destroyer,’ says he has no problem making the 12,000-mile journey to tackle Eubank, who he considers is over-rated.

Quinlan said, “I know Eubank is tough but my plan is to fight my own fight and take him into deep water. Most of his wins have come by stoppage. I’ve never been stopped before so he can forget about that!

“I expect to stop him late in the fight. He has never faced anyone like me and he will feel it from my first punch.

“I have great respect for anyone that jumps into ring but at the end of the day I’m there to do a job. From what I’ve been told not many people like Eubank and if that’s the case I hope you all come to witness me knock him out. This is going to be an absolute war.”

The 27-year-old, whose real name is Renold Vatubua Quinlan, is half-Aborigine, half-Fijian and his father hails from an Aborigine tribe called Dunghutti.

Quinlan stunned the boxing world when he sparked out Geale in October in Tasmania, especially as Geale had previously beaten the likes of Felix Sturm and fellow Aussie Anthony Mundine.

Quinlan said, “I’m excited about coming to the UK. It’s a country that loves its boxing and tough fighters and that’s what I am. After knocking out Daniel Geale and becoming the IBO super-middleweight champion, the last thing I wanted to do was take an easy fight. I want the best and nothing else.

“I’m coming over to excite the fans. All of my fights have been like that and I don’t intend on changing anything.”

Eubank v Quinlan will be shown live and exclusive on ITV Box Office on February 4.