June 5, 2015
June 5, 2015
David Price

Feedspot followFeedly follow

DAVID PRICE has been forced to withdraw from a scheduled bout at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on June 26 due to an injury sustained in training. The 31-year-old heavyweight suffered a neck muscle injury, which will keep him out of the gym for two weeks and therefore unable to compete.

The stacked Matchroom Boxing show featuring Tony Bellew, Callum Smith and Rocky Fielding will continue as planned.

‘’Of course I’m disappointed,’’ said the former British and Commonwealth Champion. ‘’I had been looking forward to returning home at the very top of my game and fighting in front of my home fans once again, but unfortunately that will have to wait. My neck muscle needs resting and that has disrupted my preparations and made it impossible for me to be at full fitness for June 26.’’

Said promoter Kalle Sauerland: ‘’Fortunately the neck injury is nothing too serious but the decision has been made to withdraw David from the June 26 card. David wanted to be at his best for his first fight back in Liverpool for over two years and we would not risk him fighting at anything less than 100 per cent.’’

Fans that require refunds for the show should contact their point of purchase.