March 27, 2016
March 27, 2016
Gary Corcoran

Action Images

Feedspot followFeedly follow

10 X 3 Minute Rounds @ 154 lbs

GARY CORCORAN WPTS 10 (100-89, 99-90, 100-89) vs. DANNY BUTLER  

Wembley’s Gary Corcoran beat Danny Butler to claim the Vacant WBO Intercontinental Junior-Middleweight Championship at York Hall last night. The natural-born scrapper was on the front foot from the off and dominated large parts of the bout; securing a unanimous decision win with scores of 100-89, 99-90 and 100-89.

‘Hell Raiser’ lived up to his name and came flying out his corner in the opening round, peppering Butler with hooks and jabs. Both men were happy to stand and trade at will; making for an explosive start to the evening’s bill-topper.

All-action Corcoran refused to take and step back and chased down Butler throughout the opening rounds. Butler gave as good as he got and landed some strong combinations of his own. The fight began to swing in Corcoran’s favour in the seventh round. Corcoran’s blistering hand speed had Butler in trouble, the Bristol man was pinned up against the ropes throughout the seventh and took a tumble out of the ring.

Red-hot Corcoran displayed is ferocious punching power and took his record to 15-0-0 KO’s 6 whilst picking up the first title of his professional career. After dealing with Butler the 25 year-old has now set his eyes on a showdown with British and Commonwealth Champion Liam Williams.



10 x 3 Minute Rounds @ 175 lbs

TOM BAKER WPTS10 (100-90, 100-90, 100-90)   vs. JACK MORRIS  

Chingford’s red-hot Tom Baker beat Margate’s Jack Morris to win the Vacant English Light-Heavyweight Championship at Bethnal Green’s York Hall. Baker looked in control for the majority of the bout and claimed the win with a unanimous decision; all three judges scoring the fight 100-90 in the Mark Tibbs-trained man’s favour.

After a cagey opening two rounds the bout burst into life in the third round. It was an explosive round for Baker, the 24 year-old was landing at will and dropped Morris after laying down relentless pressure. Morris was able to return to the action but continued to take heavy punishment from Baker who could sense a knockout finish.

The brave Morris did well to get himself back into the fight after taking some big shots from Baker. The Margate man was able to survive Baker’s relentless onslaught by clinging on and grappling. Any danger of a knockout win seemed to die down as the fight drew on but Baker continued to dominate Morris with his long left jab.

Undefeated Baker never looked in any danger and continued to dominate the fight up to the very last bell. The Gypsy warrior took his record to 13-0-0 2KO’s and picked up his first title in the Light-Heavyweight division.
6 x 3 Minute Rounds Super-Lightweight Contest


Welsh super-featherweight prospect Zack Davies suffered his first professional loss against Zoltan Szabo. The unbeaten Hungarian made it three wins from three fights with a hard-fought points victory over Davies; with the referee scoring the fight 58-57.


6 x 3 Minute Rounds Lightweight Contest


Jordan Ellison outpointed Dagenham’s Ediz Hussein with the referee scoring the fight 56-69 in the Sunderland man’s favour. It was a first loss for the Essex man who suffered a nasty cut to his left eye in the second round.  Ellison’s win takes his to a career record of five wins and three losses.


4 x 3 Minute Rounds Lightweight Contest

Red-hot Welling Lightweight prospect Archie Sharp made it four wins from four fights with an impressive third round stoppage win over the experienced Joe Beadon.

Sharp came steaming out of his corner and had Beadon on the back-foot from the very first bell. The Welling man bullied his opponent throughout the contest; peppering him with well-timed hooks and jabs.

The unbeaten 20 year-old’s silky footwork and blistering hand speed proved too much for Beadon to handle. Beadon did well to make it to round three after taking some big shots in the opening rounds. ‘Sharpshooter’ had his man down in the second round before the ref waved off the fight in the third to save the Swindon man from taking any further damage.


8 x 3 Minute Rounds Light-Welterweight Contest


Flamboyant Lightweight Romeo Romaeo secured his tenth professional victory last night with a seventh round stoppage win over Michal Dufek. The hard to ignore Bristol-born man was in complete control throughout the seven rounds; displaying his impressive agility and speed.

Romaeo unleashed relentless hook and jabs on the Czech before putting him out of the ring in the sixth round. Dufek was saved by the bell before the referee waved off the contest in the seventh round to save him from further punishment.
6 x 3 Minute Rounds International Light-Heavyweight Contest


Ilford power-puncher Anthony Yarde made it four knockout wins from five professional fights against Hungary’s David Sipos. The Tunde Ajay-trained demolition man blew is opponent away inside the opening round without breaking a sweat.

Yarde justified his fearsome reputation as one of the division’s most explosive punchers with an impressive display of raw power and speed. The 24 year-old bullied Sipos with punishing jabs and body shots before the referee waved off the contest two minutes and fifty three seconds into the first round.


4 x 3 Minute Rounds Super-Welterweight Contest


East End hot prospect Sammy McNess secured his fourth professional victory with a classy points win over Mancunian Darryl Sharp.

The multi-titled former Repton and GB amateur out-boxed Sharp throughout the four rounds much to the delight of his York Hall home crowd. The cockney crowd pleaser peppered Sharp with well-timed hooks and jabs and came away winning every round.


D.P CARR TKO1 (2:53) vs. RYAN HANSON      

Three fights, three knockout wins. The Cannon lived up to his name with another brutal knockout win at York Hall. It took the explosive super-featherweight prospect just two minutes and fifty three seconds to dispose of his latest victim.

The 25 year-old from Sidcup delivered another razor-sharp performance and had his opponent in trouble from the off. Carr has promised to provide excitement in all of his fights and he’s certainly doing that so far.


6 x 3 Minute Rounds International Super-Featherweight Contest


Angel-faced assassin Boy Jones Jnr picked up his seventh professional win against Gyula Tallsoi with a brutal second round knockout. Tallosi came out looking for a speedy knockout win before Jones soaked up the pressure and unleashed a crippling body shot that ended the contest 1:48 into the second round.

The 6ft super-featherweight talent moves to a record of 7-0-1 4KO’s.