ANTHONY CROLLA’S rematch with WBA world lightweight champion Darleys Perez looks set to land in Manchester on November 21 with Scott Quigg-Nonito Donaire potentially on the same bill.
Last week the WBA ordered an immediate rematch between Crolla and Perez after they fought to a controversial draw last month.
Boxing News understands a November 21 date in Manchester is the most likely outcome while plans are being made to have Scott Quigg defend his WBA ‘regular’ world super-bantamweight title against Nonito Donaire on the same show.
Crolla and Quigg headlined alongside each other at the Manchester Arena on July 18 when Crolla drew with Perez and Quigg blitzed Kiko Martinez in two rounds.
Speaking to Boxing News, Crolla said he would relish the chance to headline with Quigg again in front of a hometown crowd.
“It doesn’t bother me where it [the fight with Perez] goes but it makes business sense to have it in Manchester. It was a great crowd in there last time and I believe this time would be even bigger,” he said.
“That’s [Quigg-Donaire] one of the fights being spoken about for the bill so it would be great to be headlining along Scott again.
“The two names mentioned for him are [Carl] Frampton and Donaire, they [Matchroom Boxing, Quigg’s promoters] are certainly in talks with Donaire’s people.”
A former four-weight world champion, Donaire recently moved back down to super-bantamweight after losing to Nicholas Walters at featherweight last year.
The Filipino stopped Anthony Settoul in two rounds on the same night Quigg beat Martinez and last month told us he would be willing to travel to the UK to face Quigg.
USE PROMO CODE: SUMMER10
*SALE ENDS 31 AUGUST